The Great Commission is recorded in each of the three synoptic gospels. Luke 24:45-47; Matthew 28:18-20 and Mark 16:15-16. The disciples were to preach repentance and remission of sins in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem (Luke 24:47). The gospel was to be preached to everyone regardless of his nationality or race (Mark 16:15).
Luke 24:45-47 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and He said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Mark 16:15-16 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. “He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
Our mission works at the Mt Vernon Church of Christ lend support to activities around the world.
James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
Some of the mission efforts we are currently supporting on a regular or occasional basis are:
- Mt Vernon sponsors a website at ScripturesSay.com where we are able to reach out and teach thousands around the world each day. The site contains online books, feature articles and complete Bible studies for your learning and enrichment. If you have any questions regarding any of the material in our library, your encouraged to post a followup message. Both of the Mt Vernon resources mentioned above have DVD’s and CD’s available for many of the materials presented. Over 500,000 have been shipped to people all around the world in the past ten years, with a total of 98,551 having been shipped since January 2009.
- New Mexico Christian’s Children’s Home. The mission of the New Mexico Christian Children’s Home is to transform each child we serve into a Christian champion who is a respected, responsible citizen through services provided by a dedicated professional team under God’s direction. All children and families, regardless of race, ethnicity, or religion, are welcome.
- Manuelito Navajo Children’s Home. MNCH is located to the west of Gallup, New Mexico. For over 50 years, MNCH has been providing care to children and families in need. Our particular mission has been to the children of the Navajo Nation, but our love is extended to all. We are sponsored by the Gallup Church of Christ, and it is through the donations of churches, individuals and businesses that we are able to provide ministry to those in need.
- Edison and Doris Gruber Navajo mission work at Crownpoint, NM – see Clarendon Church of Christ website. Edison Gruber and Doris Gruber are Native Americans of the Navajo Tribe. Edison was baptized into Christ in 1979. Edison has worked with congregations in Crownpoint, NM and Thoreau, NM. From 1986 to 1991, Edison worked with the Many Farms, AZ congregation. Edison and Doris have been working with the Crownpoint, NM congregation since 1993. Edison has the distinction of being the first Navajo to graduate from Bear Valley School of Biblical Studies. Since 1995 he has served as the director of the Navajo Bible Training School.
- Felipe Cariaga and the Manila School of Evangelism, The Philippines – The World Ministry website says, We started this publication in 1986. Our main aim in coming out again is to help the great majority of our Kapatirang Pilipino (Filipino brethren) answer oft asked questions. It was my experience in my many travels around the archipelago that many in our brotherhood are unable to sufficiently answer some questions.
- Sam and Nancy Shewmaker in Rwanda, Africa – Impact Africa is their website. The Shewmakers’ mission works are supported through the Missions Resource Network, the MRN. Missions Resource Network states, it is a nonprofit ministry dedicated to improving the missions performance of churches of Christ. The vision is to help churches plant churches worldwide. We advocate that autonomous local churches are the God-ordained entity for sending, supporting and overseeing missionaries. Missions Resource Network can provide important services to help church do their job even more effectively… – For more information, click here. If you are interested in being a missionary, joining a mission team, supporting a mission team or finding resources to do a better job of missions in your church, please write MRN at email@example.com
We expect this webpage to be updated whenever new information is available.